Gold for Australian Investors
Gold for Australian Investors is the first book written specifically for local investors wanting to better understand how the gold market works. Written by ABC Bullion Chief Economist Jordan Eliseo, the book looks at the performance of Australian dollar gold over the last 45 years; its interaction with other asset classes, and the benefit the precious metal can bring to Australian investors holding it as a core asset in their portfolio.
Australia is the second largest physical gold miner in the world, with the value of this production some AUD $15 billion per annum. As a country, we also have the fourth largest pool of pension and investment assets, currently valued at over AUD $2 Trillion.
Despite the importance of the gold industry to our economy, and the fact that physical gold prices have rallied substantially in the last 15 years, outperforming most liquid asset classes along the way, there has been little analysis conducted into the role of physical gold in Australian investment portfolios.
The Book Covers in Detail
- How the physical gold markets works, from mining to refining, to trading and daily liquidity
- Demand trends amongst gold buyers
- The major myths regarding gold investment
- The benefits of including physical gold in your portfolio
- Examples of successful investors with strategic gold holdings
- Solutions for Australian investors including SMSF trustees and managed funds
- An interview with an Australian portfolio manager investing in gold
- Why gold and gold stocks should be looked at as different asset classes
- A case study looking at an Australian gold investor
and how easy and investment it is to access, then this is the book for you!