Updated 22 April 2016
- the kind of information ABC Bullion may collect about you, how we collect it, and how we use it
- how we may disclose that information
- how you can access the information we hold about you
- when we may use your information to contact you
- the protection of your personal information.
- how you can make a complaint.
ABC Bullion will review this policy regularly, and may update it from time to time. If we make changes, we will post those changes on the privacy page of ABC Bullion's website.
2. Collection and use of personal information
2.1 Why we collect personal information
ABC Bullion collects personal information about you:
- because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for example, if you have requested information from the ABC Bullion website, or agreed to licence a safe deposit box from ABC Bullion;
- because you work for us, or apply to us for a job or work experience.
2.2 How we collect information
Broadly, there are two types of information or data we collect:
Information that you specifically give us
For example, you may provide information about yourself when you are filling in a form. This type of information may include your home address, business address, telephone number, business telephone number, email address and date of birth. The information that you give us may be:
- Personal information that is required. In some instances, you must provide personal information if you wish to use a particular service, purchase or sell precious metal to or from us or participate in an activity.
- Personal information that is optional. You may choose to provide some personal information which is not required but is directly related to ABC Bullion's functions or activities. Usually this type of information will enable ABC Bullion to improve or broaden the services we can offer you. If you choose not to provide this optional information, we would still be able to offer you the service, but perhaps with fewer options than if you had provided the optional information. For example, if you tell us you are interested in purchasing specific precious metals, we may be able to provide you with specific ABC Bullion promotions that match your interests. If you provide us with unsolicited information that we do not require or which is not directly related to ABC Bullion's functions or activities, ABC Bullion may be required to destroy or de-identify that information, provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
- Permissions. Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of a competition.
You may be able to make changes to the information you provided us (for example, if you change your email address) or withdraw the permission you gave us for a particular service. We will make it clear how you do that.
Data we collect that tracks your activity
The data on your use of the ABC Bullion and associated sites may be linked to personal information you have chosen to share with us when you register. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or prompt you before accepting a cookie from the sites you visit.
A cookie is a small information file sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. It recognises your device on future visits. These types of files help us remember your visits to the ABC Bullion website, assisting us in improving your site experience as well as ensuring that you see relevant online adverts or offers. Apart from the cookies that help us remember your browsing preferences, language, or search parameters, another type of performance cookies collects anonymous information on how people use the site. We use third party services such as Google AdWords and Analytics to merge this data with other users to enable us to improve how the ABC Bullion site operates. This stored data does not save any personal details that might identify you. This process helps us provide you with an online browsing experience that is more suited to your selections in order to make each visit more tailored. We use these cookies to collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
Our website does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when such individuals specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis
3. Disclosure of personal information
3.1 Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Members of the ABC Bullion may exchange your personal information with other members of the Pallion group of companies
so that ABC Bullion may provide an integrated service to its customers. ABC Bullion members may use this information for any of the purposes mentioned in section 2.
ABC Bullion may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- to provide the service you wish to use;
- to customise and promote ABC Bullion services which may be of interest to you;
- to provide technical support to you to use ABC Bullion's services;
- if permitted or required by law; or
- otherwise with your consent.
In many cases, ABC Bullion imposes contractual restrictions equivalent to those imposed on ABC Bullion under the Privacy Act in respect of collection and use of personal information by those third parties. In some cases, ABC Bullion's ability to impose contractual restrictions is limited. In those circumstances, ABC Bullion will carefully consider the risks to the protection of personal information when entering into arrangements with third parties.
These third parties may be located in Australia or overseas.
We may share your email address and home address with third parties to deliver brochures, videos, information about promotions, news and other information about our website, products, services or special promotions on our behalf.
ABC Bullion may also disclose your personal information (excluding sensitive information about you) to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing ABC Bullion's services including brochures, videos, information about promotions, news and other information about our website, products, services or special promotions.
You will be able to opt-out of direct marketing at any time if you so choose.
Under no circumstances will ABC Bullion sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
4. Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by ABC Bullion about you.
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information that ABC Bullion holds. ABC Bullion will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To seek access to, or correction of, your personal information please contact ABC Bullion as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 1300 361 261
By mail: ABC Bullion GPO Box 2435 Sydney NSW 2001
5. Use of your personal information to contact you
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the Spam Act 2003 is available from the regulator’s website: www.acma.gov.au/spam
We may use information that we know about your likes and interests to tell you about other ABC Bullion programs, products and services. We may know about your likes and interests because you have provided that information.
6. Protection of your personal information
ABC Bullion has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. ABC Bullion regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own personal information when using third party digital services.
7. Credit card information
Crucially, your credit card details are only stored and transmitted in encrypted form. Unencrypted credit card information is NOT stored on our internet servers. Online credit card payments are currently processed using a third party payment gateway service run by the CommBANK BPOINT facility.
If you use your credit card and the transaction is manual rather than electronic, the imprinted record will be stored by ABC Bullion for the period that financial records are required to be retained.
8. Offline Purchases
If you do not wish to place your order on the internet, we offer you the option of phoning, faxing or mailing in your order, or you can visit our showrooms in Sydney and Perth during office hours.
9. Making a Complaint
If you have a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling them at 1300 363 992, making a complaint online at www.oaic.gov.au or writing to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.
10. Privacy and Change of Control
In the event ABC Bullion goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
11. Linked sites